Working with our members
As a membership organisation, we work with our member companies and the wider medicinal cannabis community, to develop and present policies to the European Union and national member state governments, reimbursement organisations and regulatory authorities.
To advance patient access to medicinal cannabis treatments, and improve the health outcomes of patients across Europe
Why join the European Medicinal Cannabis Association?
The European Medicinal Cannabis Association (EUMCA) is the only not-for-profit European medicinal cannabis association, that is both registered and governed by the provisions of the Belgian Code des Sociétés et des Associations, and registered on the European Commission Transparency Registry.
Our members consist of a multi-stakeholder network, all of which promote advancing patient access through the production of cannabis treatments that conform with acknowledged scientific standards of quality, safety, and efficacy.
EUMCA members include:
- Scientific research and development
- Cultivation, production, manufacturer and distribution
- Patient advocacy and charities
- Regulation and Policy
- The EUMCA is a multi-stakeholder network representing the interests of a wide range of organisations operating in the research and development, production and/or distribution of medical cannabis-based treatments
- We represent the collective voice of our members, generating policies with the aim to create a positive environment for the use of medicinal cannabis in Europe
- As a membership organisation, we work with our member companies and the wider medicinal cannabis community, to develop and present policies to the European Union and their national member state governments, reimbursement organisations and regulatory authorities
Please download our Membership Prospectus for full details on how to join.
How we support our Full members
- EUMCA News Flash – Regular updates on current topics/issues related to medicinal cannabis
- Proactive support for members on upcoming media and industry specific issues related to their business
- Quarterly Government affairs reports
- Access and input to the development of briefing papers and policy positions
- Invite to our EUMCA Annual Meeting and EUMCA Conference
- Feedback from meetings and discussions with all key stakeholders in the EU (national governments, regulatory agencies, payers, patient organisations and Scientific leaders)
Our membership team will arrange a company visit for new and existing members with our Senior Leadership Team, who will tailor their visit to your specific requirements and discuss key priorities and focus of the EUMCA in relation to your business
Access to Expert Networks and Specialist Working Group meetings
We use project working groups and expert networks to cover most industry hot topics. These groups are made up of member companies with special interest and expertise in these areas. This means that we can react quickly to any new issues as they arise. It is these expert networks which help us to draw up responses to consultations and respond quickly to industry opportunities and challenges
The EUMCA runs the specialist groups meetings at venues agreed by those members attending. Events are a valuable networking opportunity, with time allocated at the start of each session for informal networking
Examples of Networks and groups include: Research & Development, Legal/Compliance, Regulatory & Quality, Patient Access & Reimbursement, Medical Education and Business Development
Access to expertise
- Full members receive access to expertise, knowledge and resources within the EUMCA on key matters affecting the medicinal cannabis industry.
- Full members may be involved with external activities along with their EUMCA associates, such as meeting politicians, advisers, stakeholders, and patient organisations within Europe
- Full members can engage directly with the EUMCA team and other company members to feed back and help shape policy on a wide range of areas
How to apply
- Before applying for EUMCA membership you should have read the Membership Policy and Code of Conduct
- To apply for Full membership, please complete and return the Application Form.
- All applications for membership of the EUMCA are reviewed and approved by the EUMCA Executive Board
- Further details about the application process can be found in our Membership Prospectus and FAQ section
- Please us the contact form below or contact membership services for more details on +32 233 90 281 or email email@example.com
Get in touch
Please submit your membership enquiry and our team will be in touch to discuss
Or call +32 233 90 281