The EUMCA: Pioneering access to medicinal cannabis
“The latest data that came from a UK organisation, the CMC, involved analyzing 30 different products.. Only 38% of them had ingredients close to what was claimed on the label. In fact, one product had no cannabinoid in it at all.”
“To my mind, this whole area needs cleaning up. Patients should have the right to know what they are buying, or being prescribed is of proper quality.”
For further information, please contact:
Penny Lukats, 07775992350, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the EUMCA (www.eumca.org) and membership, please contact:
Sita Schubert, General Secretary of the EUMCA on +32 233 90 281, email@example.com
NOTES TO EDITORS
The EUMCA is the first international non-profit association governed by the provisions of the Belgian Code des Sociétés et des Associations. Its membership is a multi-stakeholder network representing the interests of a wide range of organisations operating in the research and development, production and/or distribution of medical cannabis-based treatments.
The EUMCA’s mission is to improve the life and health outcomes of patients across Europe, by promoting the development of national government healthcare policies that advocate i) the ethical prescription of pharmaceutical-grade medicinal cannabis, and ii) advance patient access to treatments. It does this through:
- Research & Development: Promoting scientific medical research and policy to support the standardised, ethical and sustainable use of medicinal cannabis.
- Patient Access & Reimbursement: Working with national reimbursement institutions to improve patient access to medical cannabis-based treatments.
- Medical Education: Providing evidence-based knowledge and learning on medicinal cannabis to healthcare professionals and patients.
- Legal & Compliance: Consulting with governments where ongoing or urgent action is necessary.
- Regulatory & Quality: Providing members with counsel and guidance on regulatory affairs.
- Business Development: Delivering networking opportunities for members focused on building their business through M&A, licensing, partnering and novel in-market strategies.